I've been in an accident - what now?
Start by reporting the following to your insurance carrier or our office:
- When the accident occurred
- Where the accident occurred (be as specific as possible)
- How the accident happened
- What kind of vehicle or vehicles were involved (including the year, make, and model)
- A description of the damage on each vehicle
- The names and contact information of people involved in the accident
- The extent of any injuries to people involved in the accident
- The names and contact information of anyone who witnessed the accident
- The name of the law enforcement agency that responded and the police report number, if police were contacted
I have damage to my property-what now?
Call your insurance carrier or our office and let us know:
- When the incident occurred
- A general description of what happened
- The location of the damaged property and what was damaged
- The condition of the home and if it is still livable
- If temporary repairs are needed
- If the fire or police department was contacted, which department responded and any report number.
- Your contact information and the best time to reach you
Do I need to protect my home from further damage?
Yes, once it is safe to do so, it is your responsibility to protect your property from further damage.
- Arrange for reasonable temporary repairs such as boarding up broken windows, covering the roof, and removing debris
- Keep a list of any temporary repairs you make to document the damage, and make sure to save your receipts
- If possible, place damaged items in a secure area where they can be inspected. If you are unsure about an item, include it with the damaged property
- If you have fire or smoke damage, do not try to clean the damaged items; Sometimes cleaning things without the proper equipment can cause more damage
When you have a claim, give us a call so we can let you know what to expect.